To celebrate it’s 8th birthday, Twitter set up Discover Your First Tweet.
Here are my favourite first tweets from theatres and theatre companies in my beloved South West.
10. Theatre Royal Winchester makes a tentative declaration of its journey into the forays of social media with a nicely placed typo
9. Theatre Royal Bath hires social media coordinator with no grasp of English grammar
8. Exeter Northcott fails to nail clarity in 140 characters (what exactly do those dates apply to?)
7. Bristol Old Vic prepares to mourn a world of traditional media (that’s what they mean, right?)
6. The Tobacco Factory Theatre makes an official announcement… And even gets two retweets.
5. A taste of ironic pessimism from the Bike Shed, with bonus points for “twitterer”
4. And a case of faithful optimism from the Watermill Theatre
3. Nuffield Southampton come in third with a well-placed pun
2. Kneehigh with a British classic, an anecdotal comment on the weather